Monday, June 28, 2010

Psalm 13

My friend Erin (our worship leader) read this chapter in church yesterday- it struck my heart- I can relate to feeling this way many times in my life.....

Psalm 13 (Amplified Bible)

HOW LONG will You forget me, O Lord? Forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long must I lay up cares within me and have sorrow in my heart day after day? How long shall my enemy exalt himself over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; lighten the eyes [of my faith to behold Your face in the pitchlike darkness], lest I sleep the sleep of death, Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed over him, and those that trouble me rejoice when I am shaken.
But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in Your mercy and loving-kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment